Hair to women is one of their precious assets but taking care of it, keeping it healthy and strong becomes a problem when hair loss starts to get in the picture. One reason why women lose hair is due to their genetic make-up but the female pattern compared to male pattern, has less likelihood of losing the frontal hairline unlike in men which normally bald at this area of the head.
Other common causes of hair loss may include:
1) Illnesses like lupus and diabetes mellitus or if a woman has undergone major surgery, her hair usually falls.
2) Hormonal problems are also a culprit. Imbalance in androgen and estrogen, postponement of the hormonal balance after giving birth and delivering a baby also causes hair-loss.
3) Moreover, if a person's thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, it can cause hair drop. Furthermore, women in their menopausal stage suffer hair-loss due to the dysfunction of their thyroid gland that increases the production of testosterone in their body.
4)Using medicines such as blood thinners or anticoagulants, medicines used for chemotherapy, vitamin A, birth control pills, and antidepressants all cause hair loss. Fungal infections like eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff can also cause hair loss.
5) Improper care of the hair like pigtails and tight hair rollers that pull the hair can cause hair loss called traction alopecia. Normally, if pulling doesn't leave scars on the scalp, hair re-grows but once scarring occurs, this can cause permanent baldness.
6) Hot oil hair treatments and perms can cause inflammation of the hair follicles which can cause scarring and hairloss. Some women might think that shampooing, coloring, perming, and conditioning the hair do not cause hair-loss but these are all wrong. It does affect the hair, and could cause hair loss.
7) Stress and lack of nutrition are also attributed to hair-loss of women.
Treat Your Hair Drop Problems
As we have underlined here the common reasons for hair loss, the best ways to treat it is to determine first what is causing the problem.
If for example, a medicine is causing the person's hair-loss, a doctor may prescribe a different medicine. If there is an infection and properly treated then this can help prevent hair-loss. And finally is there is a hormonal imbalance, correcting this imbalance can solve the problem. For women with androgenetic alopecia, a doctor can recommend a hormonal contraceptive tablet.
Nizoral shampoo contains 2 percent ketoconazole and is often prescribed for the treatment of fungal infection of the scalp. Ketocononazole is used as anti-fungal agents who reduce the production of testosterone and other androgens.
Medical remedies for hair loss in women include minoxidil, the generic name for Rogaine which helps conserve hair. There is also Propecia that helps men retain hair, although women are cautioned to use this especially when pregnant.
Surgical procedures are also available like hair transplants or filling-in thin areas. Spironolactone may be used for decreasing the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands. More importantly, to prevent hair-loss, one needs to keep a balanced diet with adequate nutrition.Hair Loss