Hair loss is a common medical problem. Millions of people all over the world are putting their efforts to stop their hair loss. How ever, most of them did not spend a couple of minutes learning what the reasons behind their hair loss are and how to handle this problem properly. Read this article to learn the basics about hair, hair loss and hair loss treatments.
One important fact to know is that an average scalp has about 150,000 hair follicles and hairs, in them more than 90% of them grow continuously. Hairs arise from these hair follicles that are present in the scalp. When these scalp pores (hair follicles) gets blocked, it leads to hair fall or growth of bad textured hairs.
Causes of Hair Loss
There may be many reasons behind hair loss. So it's tough to list all of them here. This article will tell you only the major causes which are normally seen.
Hormonal Imbalance- One major cause of hair loss may be the hormonal imbalance brought on by something like a thyroid disease. Correcting a hormonal imbalance like the excess of androgens or estrogens could cause hair loss.
Genetic- Another big cause of hair loss is the genes being passed on from generation to generation.
Pregnancy- Many women begin to lose hairs a few months after pregnancy due to the imbalance in their hormones. This is usually cured on its own several months after the hormones return to normal.
Long Illness- Another common causes of hair loss is a long illness or a very stressful period of family strife. Stress can cause many problems with your body with one being the excessive loss of hair.
Infections- Certain types of fungal infections or degenerative diseases can also cause hair loss. To overcome the fungal infections that cause hair loss, you need to purchase an anti-fungal shampoo or lotion.
Poor diet- Lack of vitamins and minerals in your diet also leads to hair loss. You diet should contain proper nutrients to help you hairs grow healthy and keeps them strong.
Diet to Prevent and Cure Hair Loss
Protein is a vital food element required by all human beings and serves to the body in many ways. Natural sources of protein are milk, buttermilk, yogurt, soyabean, eggs, cheese, meat and fish. Normally 60 grams is required for women, between 80 to 90 grams for men and 80 to 100 grams of protein for adolescent boys and girls.
Hair problems like falling of hairs and premature graying of hairs may be caused by deficiency of some of B Vitamins, iron, copper and iodine.
A well balanced diet containing an adequate quantity of vegetable seeds, nuts green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, egg and milk should taken when a person tends to lose hair.
Prevent Hair Loss through Scalp Massage
An effective method to prevent hair fall and to promote hair growth is scalp massage. It's easy, safe and free from side effects. Massage your scalp regularly for 5 to 10 minutes. Massage gently with the help of your finger tips. One thing should always be kept in mind that never massages your wet hairs. Allow it to dry by itself or blow it dry.
Scalp massage improves the blood circulation of the scalp thereby supporting the proper nutrition to the scalp. Secondly it helps in getting rid of dead cells and improves the hygiene of scalp and hairs. These methods in turn help in supplying nutrition to the hair follicles and leads to hair grown. Massage also helps in opening blocked scalp pores (hair follicles) and thus promoting hair growth.
Though massage is very essential to achieve hair growth but the massage should be done with the help of some nutrient and supplement that are essential for hair growth. These can be hair oils, hair creams and hair packs etc.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.Hair Loss Causes
Know more on Home Remedies for Hair Care and various other ailments at Natural Cures Guide. Visit http://www.home-remedies-guide.com for easy and effective home remedies for all common health problems from acidity to yeast infection.
Hair Loss Causes and Prevention - Guide to Hair Care
To understand the nature of hair loss it helps to understand the nature of hair. The process of balding and of thinning hair is directly related to the way in which the body produces it. The production of hair is a complex mechanism involving a number of bodily processes.
All hair grows from hair follicles. There are more than a thousand of them on any one head, and over 100,000 hairs on average. Follicles also, with the exception of the soles of the feet, palms of the hand, mucous membranes and lips, cover the entire body. They are just below the skin's surface and are made up of the follicle shaft, papilla and sebaceous glands.
Hair is produced when new, living cells are created at the base of the follicle, which pushes older cells up through the shaft. These older cells die and harden, and this forms the hair shaft. This hair shaft that's made of dead protein cells is covered by a scaly cuticle, which is composed of little plates.
Each hair has cycles of growth and rest. Usually, only about 80% of hair follicles are actively growing at any one time. The other 20% are in the rest, or dormant stage. The longer growth cycle lasts anywhere from 2 to 6 years. The much shorter rest cycle begins after this period, but lasts only a few months. On average, the lifespan of a hair is from 2 to 7 years.
Hair grows about ½ inch a month: more than this in summer and less in winter. After the resting phase the hair is shed as a new shaft is started in the follicle and it pushes the old hair out. This loss and re-growth cycle goes on for our entire lives. We lose from 50 to 100 hairs a day, but this doesn't make a dent in the total. With male or female pattern baldness, more hairs than the normal 50 to 100 can be lost and unfortunately, not replaced. So when significantly more hair is shed than is replaced, the condition we call hair loss or balding occurs.
Hair gets its color from melanin, which is the same pigment that colors the skin, and also the retina. Two forms of melanin are responsible for the color in hair: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Pheomelanin is the pigment type that causes hair to be red or blond, eumelanin causes black, brown, and gray colored hair. It's the little bit of eumelanin in hair without any other pigment that causes hair to be gray. Hair shafts of different colors tend to be on the head in different amounts. Red hairs average about 90,000, brown and black hair about 110,000 and blond hair around 140,000 hairs on the average head.
There also tend to be differences in the average thickness and growth rate of men and women. Men tend to have thicker heads of hair, and their hair usually grows faster.
There are other disorders of the hair besides male and female pattern baldness, though they aren't usually life threatening. Hirsutism is excessive hair growth, usually in women, in places where hair doesn't normally grow. Though not dangerous, it does have cosmetic and possibly psychological and emotional implications. Its cause is an increased level of male hormones.
A healthy diet is important for the maintenance of healthy hair. And there are vitamins that important to hair health, too. Vitamin A helps keep hair dandruff free, and helps hair stay soft and pliable. Vitamin B1 and B6 are essential for the retention of hair: if deficient in them you can start to lose it. Vitamin B12 helps the hair acquire nutrients. And Vitamin C manages hair color and maintains healthy growth.Hair Loss
Stephanie McIntyre has been a Platinum eBay Powerseller, an eBay Trading Assistant as well as an Educational Assistant trained by eBay. Her company, eSales Unlimited Inc. specializes in training small business owners in using eBay as an additional revenue stream. She maintains a site with information on selling on eBay.
Hair Loss - Hair 101
A lot of women suffer from excessive hair fall and the researchers have found that one in every four women suffer from this leading to baldness. The reasons why people feel hair loss in women is uncommon are:
1) Loss of hair in women is less severe than in men.
2) In women it generally occurs evenly rather than one or two major areas as in the case of men.
3) Women are able to disguise the loss better than men.
3 Causes of Hair Loss In Women
You must be wondering about the causes. It has been found that poor diet and stress are two very common reasons behind hair fall in women. Some other causes are:
1) Female Pattern Baldness - A lot is heard about male pattern baldness however one of the major causes of this in women is female pattern baldness. They suffer from androgenetic alopecia when the male hormone converts the testosterone into DHT - bad for hair. This leads to hair fall. However the extent of loss of hair can be attributed to the influence of female hormones.
2) Alopecia Areata - This is one of the major reasons behind the loss of hair in women. It is characterized by loss in patches. Though the exact reason behind this is yet unknown it is believed that immune system deficiencies result in alopecia areata. In severe cases it can affect other parts of the body as well. In most of the cases hair grows back naturally.
3) Telogen Effluvium - This too is a common cause of hair fall in women. This basically is thinning of hair due to stress and trauma. Traumatic experiences or excessive stress interferes with the normal cycle of hair growth.
4 Natural Remedies for Hair Loss in women
1) Hair loss in women can be treated at home with a simple massage. Though this is impossible to believe it is true. If you are suffering from hair fall massage your scalp until it becomes warm and starts to tingle. This will increase the blood flow to your scalp and stop excessive hair fall.
2) You can use henna and mustard oil to treat loss of hair. Boil a cup of mustard oil and then add 4 tablespoons of henna leaves to it. When the leaves start to burn strain the oil with a cloth and store it in a glass container. Massage your scalp with this oil. This will stimulate the growth of new hair.
3) Hair loss related to women can be treated effectively with onion. Rub a slice of onion on the balding area until it becomes red. Then apply honey to sooth the area and stimulate your scalp. Do this twice every day. This is a great remedy for hair fall.
4) You can make a paste of black pepper seeds and grinded lime. Apply the paste on affected areas. This will cause irritation and result in increased blood flow stimulating growth of hair. This will provide relief against women hair loss.
For more information about Women Hair Loss, visit www.10hairloss.com now.